Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The answer from Nikon to my question re error message...

z06kenny

Sacramento, US
86 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
z06kenny Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jan 2010
Thu 16-Dec-10 03:32 PM

When using my D7000 with my Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 zoom, I noticed that the control panel would flash "r1000" when I depressed the shutter release button 1/2 way. So, I asked Nikon about it and here is their answer:
"The R XX that is appearing on the screen refers to the buffer capacity, it does not mean that the memory card is full. The “rXX” count displayed on the top LCD is an estimate of the number of frames that the camera’s buffer can record without writing any to the memory card. It’s only an estimate because the size of a compressed JPEG file varies due to camera settings and subject matter.

Digital SLR "r06" (or other number) in LCD display
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6905 "

I thought that you all would be interested in their answer because, if you are like me, you wouldn't be able to find the answer elsewhere either.

Thank you, Nikonians!

G