Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Keeping your camera box-fresh

d7000baslow

Baslow, UK
26 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
d7000baslow Registered since 31st Oct 2013
Thu 01-May-14 08:46 AM

No matter how careful you are with your pride and joy, over time even the most carefully handled camera will show signs of wear.

One of the most irritating is when the rubber on the body starts to go shiny and, worse, slightly tacky/sticky.

I bought a used D7000 a few months ago and although it was in great condition there was a particular area, where your right hand holds the camera, that wasn't pristine.

So, I went to my car and found the bottle of plastic & rubber bumper restorer. I used Autoglym's products in the UK and I am sure there are similar such in the USA, Canada and across the globe.

I sprayed a small amount onto a lint-free cloth and wiped over the entire rubber coating and then let the cleaning agent evaporate. It doesn't take long and then you can gently wipe over the rubber with a dry lint-free cloth.

For me, the results were excellent. There were a couple of marks that you can still just about see, but overall I was very pleased with the results.

Kind regards

Simon

G