Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

d7000 unusual color on high iso / fast shutter speed

robertrobert

PH
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
robertrobert Registered since 15th Dec 2010
Wed 15-Dec-10 10:48 PM | edited Wed 15-Dec-10 11:06 PM by robertrobert

hi, just bought my camera last saturday and while testing camera on iso 6400 and even 3200 combi 1000+ shutter speed, i'm getting outputs that are not consistent, sometimes i'm getting pics that have this unusual horizontal strong yellowish color. it sometimes appear on top or center or bottom portion of an image. I took the pictures using auto white balance normal. When I tried returning the camera on the store, they said it's just the white balance and advised me to choose fluorescent (since i took the pics indoor with fluorescent lights on) - since the store also uses the same light (i think - also fluorescent but don't know what kind), i tried taking some pics but was not able to recreate it anymore however my friend is not convinced since he said if that is the case then the whole pic (not a portion) should be affected. need your advice for peace of mind I did not yet test the camera again using the f white balance indoor where i took the pics with the unusual color - to follow

please see my sample pics @ my gallery or this link :
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=17511

thanks for your help

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: d7000 unusual color on high iso / fast shutter spee...

G