Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 and Post Processing Query

westacott

Coleraine., UK
175 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
westacott Registered since 22nd Dec 2005
Wed 16-Apr-14 02:25 PM | edited Thu 17-Apr-14 05:08 AM by westacott

Hi there,
I hope to take delivery tomorrow (Friday) of my new D7100 which I`ve finally decided to purchase. Currently I`m using PS CS4 with Adobe Camera Raw for my photo editing but now I have a problem in that the ACR for CS4 is not suitable for D7100 raw files. So I either have to upgrade PS to something like CC which I`d rather not do so as to be able to process my Raw NEF files. I know there is also the possibility of converting the files coming out of the D7100 to .dng files and then use my CS4 for my post processing. Does anyone do this and if so is it much of a hassle.

After all that my reason for posting this is to find out if anyone else was in a similar situation when they purchased the 7100 and to enquire how they coped with the problem. I`m trying not to have to spend any more money on software if at all possible but if I do I want it to be something that will suffice for a time.

Thanks for any light you may be able to throw on this for me.

Ian

What you see depends on what you`re looking for. - Unknown

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7100 and Post Processing Query