Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Battery Charger Failed?

mdallie

Novi, US
238 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mdallie Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2011
Wed 02-Apr-14 10:59 PM

I bought the D7000 battery charger right when it came out in Nov 2010. I don't shoot a ton so I probably recharge batteries six or eight times/year.

My battery charger has apparently failed. I say that because when it is plugged in (which it always is), the amber light is on even when there is no battery in it. And when I put in a battery that needs to be charged, the amber light doesn't flash. I put in a battery which was about 2/3 charged (according to the indicator on the camera) for about two hours, and it still wasn't a full battery at the end of that time.

I just picked up a new charger and the amber light is off unless a battery is in it, and when I put in a battery, the amber light flashes until it is charged (and it does charge all the way.

My reason for writing is I'm wondering if others have heard of the charger failing. I've probably had eight DSLR cameras since 2002 and spent three years as a wedding photographer (during which time I charged about eight batteries for each wedding). All of those cameras were Canon and I've never had a charger fail before. This is my first Nikon. Is this common?

Mike

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Battery Charger Failed?

G