Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 BIZARRE FOCUSING

d7000baslow

Baslow, UK
26 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
d7000baslow Registered since 31st Oct 2013
Mon 10-Mar-14 01:36 PM

I was out with my D7000 over the weekend photographing a speedway meeting. At one stage I was moving though the focus AF modes using the AF mode button, whilst looking at the control panel.

After toggling through the various options, I noticed in the control panel the image recording quality setting was displayed in the bottom left corner of the control panel with nothing else showing. Then, a few seconds later the lenses started focusing on its own; you could see the lens moving out and then back in again.

I was just holding the camera and I hadn't pressed the shutter release or any other button that (as far as I am aware) would start the lens focusing. It only happened once and hasn't happened before, but I wondered if this was a sign of looming problem.

The camera was bought second hand but it is still covered by a warranty.

Any comments or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Simon Turton
Derbyshire
England

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 BIZARRE FOCUSING