Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

BBF Exposure Controls?

Joe Go

US
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Joe Go Registered since 31st Jan 2014
Fri 07-Feb-14 01:35 PM

Once the AE-AL button is set to AF-On for back button focusing on a D7100, what changes if any are people making to C1 shutter release button AE-L? As I understand it, with C1 left to Off, exposure will continue to be monitored and reset as long as the shutter button is half-pressed, but with C1 on, exposure will be set and locked with a half-press. I'm thinking of leaving C1 to off, but customizing either
Fn or Preview button to AE-lock. That way I have my back button focus working, can set exposure continuously with a half press of the shutter button as I meter different parts of my scene and lock it (by pointing, say, at blue sky to avoid under exposure when I'm shooting snow) with a press of Fn or Pr. Does this make sense?

G