Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Focus problems with D7000

JP_Greywolf

Shuswap, CA
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JP_Greywolf Registered since 13th Dec 2010
Mon 13-Dec-10 02:40 AM

Hi,

I am new to the site and somewhat new to digital cameras. I purchased a D7000 last week and have been taking shots to become familiar with the camera.

All of my shots seem very soft focused (out of focus) inside of Lightroom 3.

I wish to go back to the store and explain my concerns yet I do not know enough about digital cameras to know how to show the people at the store the soft focus shots.

Can you offer me a process for taking a test shot to take to the store?

I have been using a Mamiya 7 II for years as well as an Ebony 4x5 and feel that this digital camera falls far short of my expectations.

Even on the screen of my IMac with out magnification the shots are very soft....out of focus. I do believe it is a fault of the camera...a technical flaw.

I took the test shots with the camera mounted on a tripod and outside in bright daylight. I let the camera with the Nikon 18-105 VR lens autofocus on the subject.

Just asking for some guidelines and some helpful suggestions.

Thank-you for you help.

James

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Focus problems with D7000