Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 with proper lenses is the tool to create sharp, sharp images

goodguy

CA
45 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
goodguy Registered since 01st Sep 2013
Fri 24-Jan-14 01:29 AM

Since I set foot the DSLR realm I hear one this again and again.
Get good glass before you get a new body, glass is more important the body.
Never was a good listener, I sold my first camera and got Nikon D7000.
But the results were not impressive, it was ok and in the first few months I thought I was doing something wrong.
I got the Nikon 50mm 1.8G which is cheap but very sharp but still pictures were not sharp.
Instead the kit lens (18-105mm VR) I got the 24-85mm 3.5-4.5 VR and with this lens I got the best results but still they were not at the level I was looking for.

Eventually after a long battle I gave up and got my D7100.
The difference was noticeable right from the get go, the D7100 produced very sharp picture with almost all my lenses (except the 50mm 1.8G) so I sold it and bought the 50mm 1.4D and the skies were smiling at me, when set to 2.8 or higher this lens produces very, very sharp images and few days ago I added my latest addition the Nikon 24-70mm 2.8G
I must say the D7100 simply shines, the sharpness with this lens and the 50mm is simply amazing, it is so much fun and so satisfying to get (at last) the results I was dreaming of for so long.

I am in photography heaven

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7100 with proper lenses is the tool to create shar...

G