Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

WU-1a not recording longitude

jetkins

Austin, TX, US
87 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jetkins Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011
Sat 28-Dec-13 08:44 PM

I just bought a WU-1a Wi-Fi adapter for my D7100, and I have discovered that GPS data is not being recorded correctly on my downloaded photos. Regardless of whether they are new shots or ones I have downloaded manually from the camera, the Latitude data is recorded correctly but the Longitude is recorded as 0,0,0.0 so all my photos appear to have been taken somewhere in the middle of Algeria!

I'm using the latest IOS version (1.2.1.3001) of the WMU app, and the adapter has firmware 01.03. I've tried the app on both my current iPhone 5S and my old iPhone 4, with the same results on both.

Unfortunately I don't have access to another WU-1a or another compatible camera to be able to check whether the problem is with the device or the application, so I thought I'd ask here if anyone has experienced a similar problem.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: WU-1a not recording longitude

G