Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ConnorH

AU
62 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ConnorH Registered since 04th Dec 2010
Fri 10-Dec-10 11:21 AM | edited Fri 10-Dec-10 07:35 PM by ConnorH

So after using the D40 happily for four years, I've taken the plunge and chased down a D7000. After a lot of vacillating (D90? D7000? D700?) I ended up back at the d7k, but opted for the AF-D f/2 35mm to go with it in case FX calls me back...

Why stay with DX? I have a brand spanking new 18-200 VRII sitting in the bag, and my photographic ambition far exceeds my ability and available time. So DX it is for now... A no-brainer to the external viewer perhaps, but the like was strong with the full format concept.

My initial impressions of the D7K aren't 100% though. Like others before me, I'm worried about the sharpness. I'll also acknowledge that I haven't given it a fair go in daylight, and hear the argument that the higher pixel count makes it harder to hide poor technique...

So I'll give it a go in full summer sunlight at Luna Park in Sydney tomorrow. Should be good mix - fairground fun, lots of colour and contrast, and small kids being scared witless by a big guy in a red suit.

Wish me luck!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: *Plunge*