Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Again focus problem with D7000

burchan

Sydney, AU
368 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
burchan Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2012
Wed 13-Nov-13 08:13 AM | edited Wed 13-Nov-13 08:15 AM by burchan

Last year I had my D7000 adjusted by Nikon service centre for back focus when close in images were difficult to achieve focus. I just purchased D800 and was photographing birds with 300mm f4 lens. D800 on DX crop and D7000 have the same resolution so expected result should be the same. D800 images are crisp and sharp and D7000 images are soft, low contrast and out of focus. This has nothing to do with price difference of the cameras. Every camera regardless of price should have reliable focus. D7000 is the first camera that I ever had with focus problems. I did some testing on D7000 using lens fine tune. Focus improves at +20 but only at distant photos. Close in photos require lens fine tune left at 0. I need reliable back up camera that will perform at all distances. Why would camera focus right at short distance but not at longer distance.? Is this fixable?

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Again focus problem with D7000

G