Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D7100 suitable for professional use?.

snapper326

UK
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
snapper326 Registered since 24th Oct 2013
Sat 09-Nov-13 02:51 PM

What Is your opinion on the D7100 as a professional camera?.

I'm a full time pro and up until recently I used a D3 and a D2Xs. I have mainly been using the D3 and only using the D2Xs for when I needed the crop factor or when I needed to use two bodies at once. It has really been showing It's age and was little or no use in winter.
I couldn't afford a D4 or D800 so started looking at the D7100. I thought It looked really good as a backup/ 2nd camera to compliment my D3.
I like the fact It has the 1.5 crop factor, It's compact size which could come in handy in some situations. Focus system and build quality seem on a par with full/semi pro bodies. Most of all the price.
So I've bought myself one and I am over the moon with It. It seems to be marketed as a purely amateur body but I feel this seriously under sells how good It is. In my opinion the only thing letting it down is the buffer size (6/9 frames raw/jpeg).

What is your opinion?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D7100 suitable for professional use?.

G