Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Exposure control on a D7000

ronaldnd

Iqaluit, CA
53 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ronaldnd Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2008
Fri 08-Nov-13 01:46 AM

Although I am experiencing this with the D7000 I have seen other Nikons I owned do the same thing. Its early morning, the sky outside is dark purple color, its kind of dark and in the harbor a ship has its lights on, its a nice scene. I shoot with the D7000, the image I get looks like the camera was attempting to create a daylight image. The image was shot in program mode, I set just about everything in the menu to factory default. My wife shoots the same scene with her Sony and the image she gets looks exactly like what the scene looked like, quite dark with deep purple sky and the scene looks natural. My image looks like it was taken in daylight, as if the camera was attempting to correct the image to make it look like a daylight shot. What am I doing wrong? She leaves her Sony set at factory default mode and shoots everything in program mode.
Ron

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G