Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 with SB900 Shutter speeds change in manual mode

Pete_C

Garden City, US
78 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Pete_C Registered since 02nd Aug 2011
Mon 04-Nov-13 12:56 PM

Hi all,

I recently purchased a D7100 to replace my D90. So far I like the camera but I've noticed that when shooting in manual mode with my SB900, the shutter speeds will randomly change.

At first I thought it was just me, but it's happened during a few shoots, and at the last one I had the camera on a tripod shooting remotely. I set the shutter set to 250 and walked away from the camera. After I returned to review the shot, it was extremely underexposed. I looked at the display and the shutter was at 8000!

Any help would be appreciated. I wasn't sure if there was a mode that automatically changes shutter speed even in manual if the camera thinks it's wrong for the situation. I should also note I was shooting outside in the daytime with force flash, not sure if that matters but just in case.

Thanks!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G