Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Auto focus problems with D7000

Crowpeak120011

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Crowpeak120011 Registered since 03rd Nov 2013
Mon 04-Nov-13 12:19 AM

Can someone help me understand why my D7000 while in auto focus mode has trouble focusing indoors. I frequently find that I will press down part way on the button to focus, it will focus and then blur out. I end up having to use the manual focus ring and by then the picture is gone. I first thought it was lighting or difficult patterns per the manual. But just tonight while in our sink bathing our granddaughter with a light overhead, experienced the same problem. Very frustrating. My daughter's cheaper Sony A55. camera works so much better.

This seems very basic and something that should not be happening. I have read about back focusing, but this does not seem to be the problem..

I am using a DX 16-85 1:3.5 - 5.6GED lens, which is my everyday lens.. I have experimented why fewer focus points and different AF modes.n doesn't seem to have any impact. My hope was that with fewer focus points and AF-S mode that I could make the problem go away.

I am a novice wanna be, but this problem is highly irritating.. I am sure that I am simply dong something wrong... Help please!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Auto focus problems with D7000

G