Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

PC won't recognise D7000

mycroscope

UK
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mycroscope Registered since 30th Oct 2013
Wed 30-Oct-13 09:21 AM

Hi, I've had the D7000 for a while now and never had a problem like this before. It's not the camera or card because all works smoothly on my laptop. But on my PC it has suddenly stopped recognising the camera. In Windows Explorer it simply isn't there. In Device Manager I can see the camera there but only in "Other Devices" and with an exclamation mark. I also tried taking out the card and using a card reader. Doesn't appear either. Yet other memory cards appear fine. On my laptop it works with both camera and memory card reader. I just upgraded to Win.8.1 on both laptop and PC. The first time I plugged the camera into the PC it started to load the drivers but then stopped and was unrecognised. But on the Laptop the drivers loaded just fine. Thus, I must deduce that it can't be a camera issue. Is it a corrupted driver? If so, how to replace? I can usually find solutions to problems but not this time. I reckon I can't be the only one to have this problem so does anyone out there have suggestions as to what might be causing this? Thanks for your help!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: PC won't recognise D7000

G