Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

ISO jumps up throughout the day

jdenning

Roswell, GE
39 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jdenning Registered since 16th Jun 2007
Sun 27-Oct-13 11:48 PM

OK, I must have done something but I don't know what. I started the day with my ISO set at 800. At the end of the day it was at 3200. And I swear i didn't change it...

It went up in jumps, always up. 800, 1250, 1600, 2500, 3200. Something like that. Jumped about every 50 or so shots.

I had the d7100 set on Aperture Priority, f:11, with a 10mm-24mm Sigma lens. This was outdoors. I was carrying the camera on a BlackRapids Strap. I can't see how I'd accidentally press the ISO button while rotating the command dial. Takes me two hands to do that intentionall

Any ideas what must have happened? This was the first time I was really out shooting all day with the camera.

I only noticed it after the fact as I am mostly blind. So changing the settings means pulling out a magnifier, I'm not able to glance at the display on the back, and especially on the top and read settings.

In spite of the ISO increase I'm quite pleased with some of the shots, actually quite a few.

-JD-
John Denning
Roswell, GA

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: ISO jumps up throughout the day