Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 Refurbished Bodies - Why so many for sale???

about2

San Leandro, US
193 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
about2 Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2007
Fri 25-Oct-13 02:15 AM

Does anyone else wonder why there are so many refurbished D7100's available. B&H has them in stock and Adorama's ebay site shows 112 sold and more for sale.

I know many bodies/lenses are in the hands of Nikon reps and venues where demo's are available. Does this account for all the D7100's that are "refurbished". Or, can it mean there are problems with the camera.

Someone, somewhere posted that buying refurbished is the way to go because it has been checked out, repaired if necessary, restored to factory specs and they don't have too many clicks. That makes good sense if indeed there are problems with this model which result in the number of refurbed bodies for sale.

There surely is a logical explanation of which I'm unfamiliar that will assuage my fear of buying new, the path I prefer.

Your thoughts?

Best Regards,
Doug Olsen

SF Bay Area Nikonian

A man can never have too much Nikon equipment

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G