Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 color balance issues.

scotty Mc

AU
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
scotty Mc Registered since 09th Dec 2010
Thu 09-Dec-10 02:06 PM

Ok im aware that It maybe just me struggling to come to grips with this camera i got... still im getting a repeatitive mix of problems with whitebalance settings when not on auto.
In the studio I affixed my flash heads to a trigger join and bundled it onto my manual flash trigger mount.
Then having owned a d100 i relised i needed to set some sort of flash setting within the camera so looking up specifically i selected the WB first to be flash and then set my flash option to manual mode so that i could use my strobes.
Now the strobes fired... and the light metering was selected based on a handheld flashmeter. I set shutter 120/th a sec and chose f16 two modelling lamps were on for the strobes.
Now when i look at the photos... I get a distinct pinky red colorshift. I should think if the flashes hadnt fired it'd be orange not pink so am at a loss to figure out where i went wrong. any good advice appreciated.

G