Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Unable to get 5FPS on my D7100

clangsner

CA
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
clangsner Registered since 10th Oct 2013
Fri 11-Oct-13 05:35 PM

Hi everyone; I am new to this site but not to photography. I had previously been shooting with a D90, I now have a D7100. I am having a slight problem with the continuous shooting. I shoot in RAW only and can not get more than 3 shots on "continuous high" before the buffer fills up and have to wait (for a long time, up to 30 seconds) for the buffer to clear. I never had this problem with the D90, granted it shot at a slower rate. Anybody have any ideas why this is happening? Also, I am using a couple of class 6 SD cards. Do I need to move to a higher class card like a class 10?
I really need to figure this out soon as I shoot sports and concerts. Right now it is real hard to get descent shots when I am constantly waiting for the buffer to clear

Thank you
Carey

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Unable to get 5FPS on my D7100