Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Photographing a text off a silver plate.. I’m stuck.

BigBen636

IL
94 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013
Sun 22-Sep-13 12:31 PM

I am trying to photograph the silver case of a Torah scroll(which is Hebrew scriptures written on parchment).
It is estimated to be over 400 years old. The case I am told is made of silver and has a beautiful handcrafted design.
There is an area approximately 6 inch rectangle that has text on it and part of it is hard to read.
Any suggestions how to photograph this area to bring out the text. I have either a 50mm, 105mm lens that I could use.
What suggested settings (indoors) and what PS C6 processing technique should I use I’m a novice with PS.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Ben

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Photographing a text off a silver plate.. I’m stu...

G