Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 - Accessing images on SD card(s)

flipsix3

Leicester, UK
480 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
flipsix3 Registered since 01st Feb 2007
Tue 17-Sep-13 07:52 AM

Hi folks, this may prove to be a very quick and easy question/solution, however I've not been able to find a solution following various searches of Nikonians or the wider web.

I've recently replaced my D200 with a D7000, which I'm liking a lot, however I'm having an issue with accessing the images on the SD cards (2x Integral Ultima Pro 32Gb Class 10) which are set up to record duplicate copies on each card, and have been formatted in-camera.

- I usually upload images via a USB multi-format card reader, which successfully accesses the CF cards from my D200. In addition my better half uses the same reader to import images from the SD card for her Coolpix. (This tells me that the card reader is fully functional)
- I can attach the D7000 to my PC via the USB connection, and access the images. (This tells me that the cards are working and capturing the images).
- When I stick the D7000 cards in my USB card reader the Data light illuminates, but the card is not visible in my list of 'drives'.
- When I stick the D7000 cards in the integrated SD slot on my work laptop they appear in the drive/device list, but I get an 'Access Denied' error. The cards are not 'locked' by way of the physical switch on the unit. If I try to right-click and do anything like error checking I get "...Windows cannot access the disk"

My first thought, after brief searches, was that there may be a setting on the camera that 'protects' the cards but I've been unable to confirm that anywhere.

Apologies, as I'm sure I'm missing something 'obvious', but this is frustrating me somewhat.

============================

My Nikonians Gallery. Alternative view of recent additions etc.

Dave and his D7000 - "Jus' killin' time... but it won't die"

Web Presence

A UK (Leicestershire) Nikonian

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 - Accessing images on SD card(s)
     Reply message Resolved

G