Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

First shot with the D7000...

s2sailorlis_nikon

US
738 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jun 2012
Fri 13-Sep-13 12:52 PM

Actually it was shot #4, minor CS2 PP. P mode shot. Cropped at 55-60%. Taken with very harsh side lighting. Not bad. D7K, 70-300 VR, f5, ISO 800, 1/320s.

The autofocus points are confusing compared to my D200...going to look into Darrell's book to get my head wrapped around it. From what I read on the web, one must really understand how the autofocus works or you will not get sharp pictures.

At any rate, just sharing my inital shots of this refurbed from Adorama. Going to throw on the Sigma 10-20 later today or this weekend.

Excited to get into a newer generation here of IQ - but I do like my D200 body better...;>

Which reminds me, I use CS2 - but I wonder if it properly supports the D7K with the last update...maybe time for lightroom?

Click on image to view larger version

excuse typos..

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: First shot with the D7000...

G