Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Some D7000 BIF Images and a follow up to many earlier posts!

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4508 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Wed 08-Dec-10 01:08 PM

Hi

I contributed to numerous threads recently, my own "Houston I have a problem" and posted on "D7000... in need of advice". Yes, it's that guy with all the focus and soft image problems, but I did promise that I would work hard to perfect my method of photographing BIF with the D7K. I say that, because no matter what has been said before by others, this has without any doubt been the worst Nikon experience of my time with dSLR's. I've never had to work so hard to get presentable images and sorry, the one who even said it's as much about the photographer as the camera, you may well be correct, but I still prefer my D90 experience!

Anyway that said I have taken much of what I was advised on board. I have upped the ISO and therefore the available speed, I have used the in-camera sharpening, I have taken over 300 images and AF fine tuned the camera for all my lenses. I have also tried evrey bit of advice in one way or another. Attached are two BIF images and a static bird image.

The techy stuff is: All images in RAW. Nikon 80-200mm f4.5-5.6, VR on, hand held. Matrix metering, AF-C, 9 point dynamic area AF, 3D tracking. Picture Control = Vivid, Sharpening = +7
Post Processing: Lightroom 3 Average crop 60%, extra sharpening to 78 radius 0.9. Luminance noise reduction 80%! needed that to reduce the ISO noise. Tone, fill light, contrast. Please see the 3 images below.

Your comments will be more than welcome. It's not the results I'm used to and what a time consuming experience to achieve it.

Richard

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Some D7000 BIF Images and a follow up to many earli...

G