Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Interval timer in D7000

JudithN1

Thunder Bay, CA
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JudithN1 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2013
Mon 26-Aug-13 06:59 AM

I'm thinking of shooting star trails using the stacking method this summer, but am puzzled by the instruction manual for the D7000, and information I have read elsewhere concerning the MC-36 interval timer.
With the MC-36, you can set the duration of the exposure under "Long",
and then set the number of intervals,the number of exposures, and the time delay between each exposure. For the D7000 built in interval timer, there is no option to enter the exposure time. If I should choose to have one exposure per interval, 4 minutes and 2 second intervals, and 23 intervals ( throwing some random numbers out there),would my shutter speed be approximately 4 minutes? Or would the camera decide how long the shutter speed should be ie 30 seconds, and then just wait to trip the shutter when the next interval time was due?
Sorry If I appear to ramble, just not sure how to pose the question in a briefer manner. In case anyone is wondering, I do not have the MC-36, but am wondering if I need it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Interval timer in D7000

G