Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

MB-D11 w/ L-bracket?

SupraDad

MERRIMACK, US
287 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SupraDad Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2012
Wed 31-Jul-13 02:45 PM | edited Wed 31-Jul-13 02:46 PM by SupraDad

I am considering getting an MB-D11 for my D7000 - I am finding I am taking enough portrait-oriented shots where this might come in handy. I currently have the Kirk L-bracket for the D7K (w/out the grip) and was wondering if I should get a version of the bracket that fits over the grip or not? When I do use a tripod, I tend to use it with my smaller lenses (Sigma 17-70 or Nikon 35mm), and thus utilize the L-bracket to swap back and forth between portrait/landscape. (On a rare occasion I have my Sigma 70-200mm on - but then I use the tripod collar on that instead of the L-bracket.)

(FYI: I have both the wired- and wireless remote, so I never touch the shutter button when on the tripod...)

My first thought is that I'd probably use the MB-D11 grip only when handheld and then replace it with the Kirk L-bracket when going to tripod mode. But on second thought I was concerned about the wear-and-tear of "constantly" (ok, "occasionally") doing the swap. (And thus, should look into the L-bracket for the D7K w/ the grip.)

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G