Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 Glitch?

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
Sixmileman

US
326 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Sixmileman Registered since 06th Mar 2013
Sat 27-Jul-13 06:46 PM

I have set my Preview button to work in tandem with the Main Dial to switch from DX to 1.3X Crop mode. If I set the camera to 1.3x crop and then use the multi-selector to choose a focus point the camera switches back to DX. The same thing happens once I half depress the shutter release button, press the OK button, press the AF-L/AE-L button (which is set for AF), or press the Focus Mode button. Simply put, the camera will not stay in crop mode if I use the Preview / Main Dial to set it.

However, if I put the camera into 1.3X crop via the I-button, this does not happen...it stays in crop regardless of other buttons being used.

Does anyone else have this problem? (I don't believe that this occurred prior to the 1.009 firmware update - a glitch perhaps?)

Thanks for your help.

G