Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 Adobe Sharpening / Noise Settings

Bass rock

Scotland, UK
968 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bass rock Registered since 21st Dec 2007
Sat 27-Jul-13 10:14 AM

First, the mods may want to move this to the Digital Post-Processing forum but, as the question is specific to handling D7100 files, I thought I would try here first.

I have recently bought a D7100 and am still experimenting with processing the RAW NEF files in Photoshop CS6 using the latest (non-cloud) ACR 8.1. Coming from a D700, handling the higher pixel count and the lack of low-pass filter, probably means I need new to use different settings.

My issue is I am finding the D7100 files a bit noisy (compared to the D700). If I try to remove the noise, I also lose some of the sharpness. So I am interested to see what input sharpening and noise reduction settings other people find works for them. Here is what I am using so far:

Sharpening 40
Radius 0.9
Detail 15
Masking 15

Luminance 20
Luminance Detail 40
Luminance Contrast 0
Colour 10
Colour Detail 10

I know there is no one right answer and lots of ways to do sharpening, but thought there may be some guidance on establishing a good starting point in ACR. Any and all suggestions welcome

Bill
North Berwick, Scotland

My Website - https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/162875" target="_blank">My Nikonians Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7100 Adobe Sharpening / Noise Settings
Reply message RE: D7100 Adobe Sharpening / Noise Settings
Reply message Lens sharpness comparisons.
Reply message RE: Lens sharpness comparisons.

G