Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 Using SB-910 Dark Photos

adrezs

Tullamarine, AU
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
adrezs Registered since 20th Jul 2013
Sat 20-Jul-13 09:15 AM

Sorry this may be a stupid question, I did a search but couldn't find anything on this topic for D7000 or D7100
Just got the camera, brilliant so far, haven't had a chance to read any in depth articles on the intricacies of the settings.
I have purchased David Busch's Nikon D7100 Guide to Digital SLR Photography eBook so I need to start reading.

I have taken some photos of a female friend indoors not much clothing and I am finding that the skin appears very dark, there is enough natural light, using the SB-910, Auto mode, Program mode and even aperture Priority mode set to the highest Aperture (lowest number), Auto ISO.
I know I should be making adjustments, but also should be able to just set to auto and leave it ...
All seem to be dark with unnatural skin tones, I need to use Photoshop elements using Auto adjust and then the skin tones appear to be correct

I am sure I need to adjust one of the settings but which one I am not sure.

Any advice ?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G