Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Failed autofocus - am I missing something?

romandesign

CA
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
romandesign Registered since 02nd May 2013
Fri 19-Jul-13 03:22 AM

Hi, recently I have shot about and hour of video with my 1 month old D7100 and after I got back to shooting pictures I found out that autofocus doesn't work anymore. I went through the settings, tested on three lenses (with and without internal motor) - same thing.

When I half-press shutter button, focus does not engage (illuminator does not engage too despite being set to "on"), I have a blinking "> <" in the viewfinder and if I wait a couple of seconds, lens goes to infinity and back, still no confirmed focus.

Am I missing anything, maybe I forgot some setting, or do I have a broken camera? I hope they will honor US warranty in Canada - Nikon website says they should if I have a US receipt, which I do.

I even tried to reflash recent firmware and that didn't help. I don't thing there is a full factory settings reset, is there?

Any advice?

Thanks

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Failed autofocus - am I missing something?

G