Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Newby...RAW + JPEG on Safari

walkteach48

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
walkteach48 Registered since 19th May 2013
Sat 29-Jun-13 12:26 AM

Hi Again,

I can't tell you how helpful this site has been for someone new to photography. Thank you! I posted last week about weight restrictions on a safari and received much needed advice and was able to pare down my equipment.

I leave for Africa tomorrow, and now, it occurred to me that the setting on my camera that my photo teacher suggested, ...RAW + JPEG (fine) might be a challenge to use when I want to send pictures home from my Macbook Pro or iPad. I understand that to send a picture it should be in JPEG form. I am not sure how to do this on my MacBook or iPad.

-Am I correct in thinking that I will have one RAW photo and one JPEG photo?
-Will they be side by side and labeled, so I can pick the correct one?
-Do they look similar?
-Is this the best setting on my camera?
-I have 8 32 MB cards will these will used up too fast on a two week trip with this setting? I am planning to keep these as a back up.
-Should I change my basic setting to JPEG?

I am learning to edit RAW in Aperture, but am unsure how to proceed with the email issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lydia

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Newby...RAW + JPEG on Safari