Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

No battery level indicator

paulharvey

US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
paulharvey Registered since 15th Jun 2013
Sat 15-Jun-13 03:59 PM

Hello all.

I just searched the forum for this and poured through nine pages of hits. None addressed my problem, which is:

Wherever the battery icon is supposed to appear on the D7000, nothing is there ... just a blank space. And the "Battery Info" menu option in Setup is greyed out. When I try to select it, I get the message, "This option is not available with current settings."

Page 35 of the manual says that no icon is displayed in the control panel when the camera is powered by the optional EP-5B power connector and EH-5a AC adapter and that a little electrical plug icon appears instead. But no such icon appears.

I'm powering the camera with the regular Nikon battery that came with the camera. I don't have the extra battery grip either.

I've tried changing the battery order back and forth but still no battery indicator.

Oh, I forgot ... the little electrical plug <i>does</i> appear in the monitor when I press the "Info" button. That's the only place it appears. But again, I don't have that adapter.

I've searched the manual, the net, and Google. No one else seems to have this problem. Or they're not posting about it.

The camera is a refurbished model and so far everything else seems to work fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
Harvey

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: No battery level indicator

G