Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Deviate2112

Ferndale, US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Deviate2112 Registered since 30th Nov 2010
Sun 05-Dec-10 02:51 AM

Good evening Nikonians

Well what an exciting day...I picked up my new in box D7000, an early Xmas gift to myself. I rushed home, put in the battery, a couple SD cards...threw on my 18-55vr...fired it up, all seemed ok. I went through a few settings (at this point I had not fired a shot). Then it was time...I picked out my target..."Click"...Err message!! What the?

Of course I had formatted the SD cards right when I installed them...so I did it again...another shot..same thing.."Err"
The display reads how many shots I have remaining...but I can't get an image..

I took out, charged the battery, tried a different lens, I know the SD cards are ok, the Lock is not on the cards..
The manual talks about multiple Err messages...but the Err usually follows something else...like Err Card..etc...the manual say if it says only "Err" to take it in for repairs...Bummer..

I'm going back to the store tomorrow morning to see if a trained professional has better luck.

I shoot therefor I am!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Err Message