Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My 7100 test drive

MarkM10431

jacksonville, US
699 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MarkM10431 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2013
Sat 01-Jun-13 08:36 PM

Ok got the new girl, and picked up 2 sandisk ultra cards. my buffer can handle 6 frames. My intent was to go to St Augustine and shoot El Galeon, the galleon replica that is visiting. another engagement has me on a clock for today so I did not go aboard, indeed I spent little time in town. shot around 100 frames, many 5 frame brackets for HD work, some to get use to the focus system. the two continuous shutter settings are CL and CH. CH is almost unusable, it's so fast! it will take a LOT of getting use to. ditto with the focus modes 51 points? a far cry from the D80. for now I have settled on the 9 element focus.

with no further adieu,

Click on image to view larger version

Here, I used an 18-55 lens @ 45mm same shot using the crop mode. you can see the zoom advantage.

From here on out, I'm posting the original images with the saem in post processing

as always I appreciate tips and feedback

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My 7100 test drive
Reply message RE: My 7100 test drive