Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Landscape shot having complete DOF with Spot/CW metering...

Devrishi

Kanpur, IN
94 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Devrishi Registered since 23rd Apr 2013
Fri 31-May-13 06:57 AM

Hello,

I want to take a landscape shot having infinite depth of field with Spot/centre weighted metering... Please guide..

Say, i have a landscape in front of me with bright lit blue sky (sunny day) with clouds on top, hills with shadows on right side of my frame & on left some river - and ground with trees below.

I want complete depth of field with the right exposure in one single shot. I assign (f4) AE-L/AF-L button to AE Lock only. I am in Auto mode. I switch over to Spot Metering & focus on some brightlit-grass say some 20' away and lock my exposure by pressing AE-L/AF-L button. In this way my exposure gets locked. I keep holding the AE-L/AF-L button and for complete depth of field say my hyperfocul distance is 3' - i auto-focus on ground at 3' and swith over to Manual on lens - frame my shot (holding the AE Lock button) and shoot.

Similarly, in Centre weighted (8mm default) metering, can the same procedure be repeated? I lock the exposure on grass - holding the AE-L/Af-L button, auto-focus 3' away - switch to manual on lens - reframe my shot & shoot.

Is the procedure okay?

I understand, if i do not get a good 'complete' shot - after adjusting +/- ev values - then HDR is the answer.

Please guide...

Thanks & regards

Devrishi

Sandeep Prakash Srivastava

Visit my website: www.myincredibleimages.com.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Landscape shot having complete DOF with Spot/CW met...

G