Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!

cockers

Plover, US
5035 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cockers Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Thu 23-May-13 07:49 PM | edited Sat 25-May-13 11:16 AM by cockers

After becoming familiar with the capabilities with this Gem, I have to say that I'm more than pleased. The resolution capability and crop factor make it the perfect tool for wildlife shooters like me. The bright viewfinder and incredible monitor make it a true joy to use. . . and because I shoot jpegs exclusively I get a very rapid frame rate with no concerns of buffer capacity. Thanks Nikon for making an out of the box wonderful tool! I've added the Nikon brand grip to it for better balance, greater battery capacity, and portrait-orientation shooting ease.

The shot below is a High/Fine jpeg with minor levels and unsharp masking applied in Photoshop Elements. Camera shooting controls are all at Normal levels.

D7100, Apertuure Priority, ISO 800, -.7EV, 1/400 sec., Nikkor 500P F4 manual focus, @ F 7.1 + 1.4 Kenko converter shot in 1.3 crop mode ( 1400mm effective FL ). On Induro AT413 tripod and BHD3 Ballhead.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!

G