Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 pentaprism viewfinder question

chuckvanderbildt

NL
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
chuckvanderbildt Registered since 22nd May 2013
Wed 22-May-13 03:04 PM

Hello all,

I have been a d50 user for many years, and was very happy with it, buying a number of lenses for the Nikon system, but unfortunately my house was robbed, and my camera body was stolen. They thankfully left the lenses (strange, because they're worth far more than the old d50)..

Anyway, all my lenses are without inbuilt motor, so buying a replacement d3X00 or d5X00 would mean I have to sell those. I am looking at the d7000 instead, which I can now buy brand new for 720USD including 2 year warranty. My alternative is selling everything and buying a canon 650D kit and a 50mm, as I refuse to buy a dslr that is crippled by its inability to use a large numbers of lenses.

My question is, how does the d7000 viewfinder compare to a pentamirror design, is it really a substantial improvement? Is it closer to a 35mm viewfinder, or closer to the dark and icky DX pentamirrors? This is an important point for me, as it always annoyed me on the d50.

Thank you kindly!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 pentaprism viewfinder question