Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100; Very Impressive Indeed!

snegron

Cape Coral, Florida, US
1698 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007
Sun 19-May-13 10:25 PM

I have been tossing around the idea of upgrading from my D200 to either a D7100 or a D600 (even a Canon 6D with kit "L" lens has been tossed in the mix).

There are no brick & mortar shops in my city, so I have to rely on internet research. Yesterday something amazing happened; I walked into my local Best Buy and what did they have on display? You guessed it; a D7100, a D600 and even a Canon 6D with kit "L" lens!!

I was impressed that my local Best Buy would actually carry these higher end cameras! I am truly grateful that I was able to see and feel these cameras in person because I am now more comfortable about making a decision.

The D600 felt lightweight and somewhat delicate; too light and plastic-feeling.

The D7100 felt solid, well built, very close to my D200.

The 6D felt solid as well and I liked the ergonomics.

Summary; between the D7100 and D600 I like the feel of the D7100 more. Between the D7100 and 6D, I actually liked them both. I'll stick with the D7100 for now as most everything I own is Nikon, but if I were to go FX I would seriously consider the 6D over the D600. The 6D felt much better than the D600.

G