Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Aaaaaah moment choosing a new body.

mickeyb48

Dacula, US
133 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mickeyb48 Registered since 08th Oct 2012
Fri 17-May-13 07:25 PM

After reading so many forums, hard to choose a second body.
On one hand I'm thinking about a FX body. I already have a D7000 body, with the battery pack, and love it. Over the past year or so, I was able to purchase some great glass, (Nikon 24-70 2.8, 70-200 f4, and a 105 micro 2.8D). I own a 18-105, and 55-300 DX lens also.

I have been watching the post on the 600 regarding all the dust, and oil spots. I'm not sure I really want the hassle. Unfortunately it is well with in the price range I can spend. I have considered another DX, the 7100.

I found a used D700 and have read some good things pros,, and cons. Video production isn't driving me for the decision, its just a plus if I have it. I have access to some great video cams if I need one bad enough. I have been looking at the 800, but even a used one is up in the price range.

Well after my thoughts, sure could use some help. I'm not a professional photographer, just a happy enthusiastic person, who loves to take shots of landscape and people on the go, and like the finer equipment choices in life. (The wife says I don't have many toys just expensive ones for hobbies).

Well thanks for your in put. Just wondering after reading about that 7100, should I decide just to stay DX, how is it in low light levels?

Thanks again, and sure do enjoy learning from the forums.

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Aaaaaah moment choosing a new body.

G