Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question about monitor on D7100

cbertel

Blacksburg, US
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cbertel Registered since 08th May 2013
Wed 08-May-13 04:29 PM

I just bought a D7100, upgrading from the D5100, on which I basically learned about photography. One thing that I liked about the D5100 was that the monitor/control panel was on a little screen that flipped open and shut AND it also displayed the camera's current settings quite clearly, when I ppressed the shutter button half-way down. On the D7100, I can see that sort of display, but only when I push the "I" button. Is there any way to see this sort of display other than by pushing the "i" button? I get it that the control panel up top seems to be taking the place of the D5100's version of the panel, but still it would be nice to have this feature available more easily. Since the Nikon manual is not completely user friendly (i.e., on choosing autofocus points), I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Cindy

Cynthia D. Bertelsen
Discover something new every day. ~~ James Still
Gherkins & Tomatoes: Meditations and Photographs about Food History, Cooking, and Life
Author of forthcoming Mushroom: A Global History (Reaktion Books, UK, Fall 2013)
Twitter: twitter.com/gherkinstomato
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cynthia.bertelsen
Pinterest: pinterest.com/cdbertel/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G