Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Jump from one card to the other in Preview?

doppler_fto

US
37 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
doppler_fto Registered since 23rd Mar 2013
Sun 05-May-13 04:05 AM

Howdy, y'all

The D7100 is my first camera with two memory card slots, so forgive me if I'm missing something simple. If I'm somewhere in the previews, is there a straightforward way for me to jump to the beginning of the current card, or to the end of the other card?

My actual usecase is this: I have a portable printer (the Polaroid Pogo). I'm trying to print only specific images to it wirelessly, and the only way I can think of is to use my smartphone as an intermediary.

So I have my normal (class 10) SD card in slot 1, and I have an EyeFi class 6 card in slot 2. I have the camera set to write RAW images to slot 1 and JPEGs to slot 2. This is because (1) I only have one EyeFi card, so if it fills up, I can no longer print, and (2) I need RAW files for my normal processing workflow.

So I have the EyeFi set up to only transmit images to my phone when I mark an image as Protected. My phone, acting as a WiFi hotspot, receives those specific images, and lets me do any cropping or whatever and then send the image to the printer via Bluetooth.

This all works pretty well, except that after I take an image, Preview shows me the NEF copy, and I have no easy way to jump to the JPEG copy of that image. If I could jump to the end of card2, or jump to the beginning of card1 and then go back one, this would be easy.

The workaround I've been using so far is to just eject card1, at which point the camera jumps to the end of card2 and I can mark that image as Protected. This is pretty risky, though, because if I eject the card while the camera is writing, I could corrupt the entire filesystem and lose all of those images. That's a big risk that I'd really rather not take.

------------------------------------------------------------
I make prints
  of moments
    that people love.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Jump from one card to the other in Preview?

G