Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dhmiller

US
899 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 19th May 2009
Thu 02-Dec-10 11:55 PM

When I go into Live View on the D7000, the screen is initially very dark. When I half press the shutter, it appears light (normal) for about three seconds during which time the camera is focusing, then it turns dark again and I can;t see much of anything. Especially bad for video, but the same happens when I am trying to shoot a still.
Is it possible I have chosen a setting that creates this behavior? I can;t seem to find anything that has to do with how long the screen stays illuminated, even for preview, but I would expect the screen to be bright the entire time I am trying to shoot.
Any thoughts/
Thanks much.
Dennis

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G