Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 aftermarket focusing screens?

Googlyelmo

Seattle, US
113 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Googlyelmo Registered since 10th Oct 2012
Mon 29-Apr-13 10:51 AM

I have run across aftermarket manual focusing screens for the D7000 on eBay. They are from Chinese vendors, come cheap ($20), and appear to be copies, functionally, of the 'P' type screens (microprism collar around RF split-image set at 45 degrees) made for the F3, F4, and other film SLRs. The listings carry instructions, which appear simple and safe, but I wonder? Anyone have any experience using these in the D7000 , or other cameras (the screens are made for a lot of cameras). Basically, are these safe to use, do they work well (interfere with AF?), and can the original screen be put back securely later on? I have a growing number of manual focus Nikkors, and I pine for the ease of focus on fully mech bodies. Thanks.

--Will

G