Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Refurb D7000

rheb1026

Metro West Boston, US
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rheb1026 Registered since 19th Apr 2013
Thu 25-Apr-13 03:00 AM | edited Thu 25-Apr-13 03:16 AM by rheb1026

I purchased a refurbished D7000 from Adorama earlier this week and received it this afternoon. I haven't had a chance to play with it until tonight, but I have a few questions:

Is the battery supposed to be new? The battery info section in the menu shows that the battery, after being fully charged, has 65% charge. For the battery age it gives a scale of 0-4 with 0 being brand new, and the battery shows it's a '3'. A 4 shows an empty battery with an "!" over it

And I thought that generally the shutter count was supposed to be low? This one has a little less than 7k shutters (not much considering it's rated for 150k), but everywhere else I've read people are reporting <1k shutters

Otherwise it looks like new and seems to work well. I'm fine with the shutter count, but I would think they could include a new battery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Refurb D7000

G