Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 - AF-ON assigned to AE-L/AF-L problem

MasterDabber

Camberley, UK
3320 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MasterDabber Registered since 10th Dec 2005
Thu 18-Apr-13 03:00 PM

Shooting in AF-S with AF-ON assigned to the AE-L/AF-L button I have the following experience.
If I focus on an object no problem... focus achieved. If I then release the AE-L/AF-L button and recompose the shot so that the focused on object is now in a different place the shutter release will not fire.
I can recompose the image back to the original positioning and the shutter will fire.
If I then refocus and keep the AE-L/AF-L button half pressed while I recompose the shutter will fire.
Is this how it should work?
Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 - AF-ON assigned to AE-L/AF-L problem

G