Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

dumb question department

arnnad

Anacortes, US
42 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
arnnad Registered since 22nd Aug 2006
Sun 14-Apr-13 12:03 AM

I have a D7100 and had sent my D200 to my son. In fiddling with the D7100 I had the impression that neither the Aperture or Shutter setting was working correctly. It was as if they were both functioning in Program mode. For example, if I set the aperture I couldn't change the shutter more than one stop, if that. The same thing happens in Shutter priority with no flexibility to change aperture. I should note I was doing this in dim light.
I realize it's supposed to give me the "right" setting but I don't have the flexibility to deliberately under or overexpose, except by using exposure comp.
Maybe the D200 had similar controls but it seems to me the D7100 operates quite differently in this respect. As I said, having sent the D200 to my son I can't confirm this.
So is my memory going or is my impression correct. At first I was about to send the camera back, thinking it was defective.

Thanks for you help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: dumb question department