Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Yippee! D7100 in hand!

DaveSoderlund

Geneva, US
619 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DaveSoderlund Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded as a Winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 29th May 2010
Tue 02-Apr-13 08:48 PM

Got my D7100 body today, charged the battery, and just went through the camera set-up ritual. I like the ergonomics (since I'm coming from a D90 that's probably no surprise). I was one of those who was dithering about the choice between the D7000 upgrade and the mythical D400, but the D7100 answers all of my needs (I'm not a BIF or sports shooter, so I have little need for fast and long bursts). It has the best DX sensor available, U1 and U2 banks for presets, 5-shot bracketing for HDR (no more clumsy work-arounds for the D90's 3-shot brackets), mirror lock-up for tripod work, a big upgrade in low light capability over the D90 -- what's not to like? Hard to believe this much camera can be had for $1200 US.

I need to get out over the next few days and take some test shots with various lenses. I've been extremely impressed with the early examples posted here by others. (As an aside, I hope Apple releases a RAW converter upgrade for Aperture soon -- I'd like to avoid messing, even transiently, with ViewNX2.)

Anyway, I'm happy to be among the new D7100 users -- I'll bid a fond farewell to the D90 forum, which has served me well for almost 3 years, and pitch my tent here.

Dave

http://davidmsoderlund.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsoderlund/

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Yippee! D7100 in hand!

G