Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 camera lock up when using eye-fi card in slot 2

gonlois

Singapore, SG
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gonlois Registered since 14th Jan 2009
Mon 01-Apr-13 02:45 PM

I have a D7000 with a SanDisk Extreme 32Gb class 10 in slot 1 (raw images) and an Eye-Fi Pro X2 8Gb in slot 2 (JPG normal). I want to be able to transfer images to my iPhone & send out photos while on holiday. On successive days the camera locked up after taking a photograph, the green transfer light remaining illuminated (30-40 photos having been successfully taken). After powering off then on, the camera does not see any of the photos on the SanDisk card. Luckily, the photos taken up to that moment were in another directory; on the first day 101D7000.001, and 101D7000.002 on the second day. I have not used the Eye-Fi card since. Has anybody else experienced similar problems or got suggestions why it happened. I now have no confidence in the Eye-Fi card & do not wish a total loss of pictures at some future point.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G