Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

So the DxOMark is out and...

JPJ

Toronto, CA
1327 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009
Wed 27-Mar-13 06:14 PM | edited Wed 27-Mar-13 06:17 PM by JPJ

My read is that the D7100 is basically to the D5200, what the D800E is to the D800, at least in terms of overall image quality (there are of course many other differences, but based on sensor and ultimate image quality).

Edit: I tried to post a link comparing the D7100, D5200 and D600 but it doesn't like some of the characters, so you will have to go to dxomark.com and compare them yourself if you wish.

The D600 has slightly better dynamic range throughout, but has 2x better ISO performance according to the ISO score.

While I am not sold on the idea of DxOMark's scores necessarily translating into final image quality directly - they don't tend to be that far off.

Food for thought anyway.

Bottom line - the D7100 looks to be the top of the DX line for image quality right now, even with the Pentax line scoring slightly higher DR/ISO, the lack of AA filter will resolve more detail.

Jason

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: So the DxOMark is out and...
               Reply message RE: 7D

G